1. Richmond, JY. Biosecurity for Microbiological Laboratories, BWC News (Korea Bio): 12: 36-45, 2010.
2. Defense Science Board Task Force on Department of Defense Biological Safety and Security Program, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense For Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics, Washington, DC (2009).
3. Richmond, JY, 2005. Biosafety and Biosecurity in Virology: Facility Requirements, Virus Reviews and Research 10(1):7-13.
4. Richmond, JY (Contributing Editor) (2004), Laboratory Biosafety Manual, World Health Organization, Geneva.
5. Richmond, JY and Nesby-O'Dell, S. Laboratory Security and Emergency Response Guidance for Laboratories Working with Select Agents, Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories, MMWR, 51(RR19);1-8, 2002.
6. Richmond, JY, Crane, J, Phillips, J and Howard, W. Biosafety in Public Health Laboratories, in Anthology of Biosafety, IV. Issues in Public Health, J.Y. Richmond (Ed), pp 197-206, publication of the American Biological Safety Association (ABSA), Chicago 2001.
7. Hill, RH, Hemphill, ML and Richmond, JY, 2001. Bioterrorism and Select Agent Toxins, Chem Health & Safety 8(5):30-35.
8. Richmond, JY. The Role of Laboratories during a Bioterrorism Response, Proceedings of the LS&EM 2000 conference, Alexandria, VA. Published by PRIZIM, Gaithersburg, MD 2000
9. Richmond, JY, The U.S. Select Agent and Laboratory Registration Program, Proceedings of the European Federation of Biotechnology Working Party on Safety in Biotechnology, "A Strengthened Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention, Vienna, Austria, 1998.